Thank you for your interest in supporting Beaconsfield.
Your donation today can help the gallery to thrive in the future.
To become a Friend or Patron
download a Donation Form
and send back to email@example.com
It may surprise you to know:
– we are a registered charity (no.1046852)
– as an independent art space receiving no regular local or national financial support, we have to raise all our own income and pay our own bills, maintain our buildings and stay open
– we currently run 6 exhibitions and numerous events each year and need to raise all the funds to commission these new works
– the gallery was founded by artists, and relies on the goodwill of artist volunteers giving over 5,000 hours a year
– we have running costs of around £400 each day.
We urgently need your help to keep Beaconsfield open.
As this autonomous art space approaches its quarter–century we now need your support more than ever to survive and collectively we can make this happen.
This is an opportunity to support Beaconsfield, no matter how small a donation you can afford. And to make a stand too – before much of what we all value and love is eroded away.
Founded as an educational charity by artists in 1994 with the desire to fill a niche between the institution, the commercial and ‘alternative’, BGV remains a unique, non-profit, artist-led entity, placing equal emphasis on audiences and artists.
Beaconsfield’s reputation rests on the staging of an influential programme of exhibitions, residencies, limited editions and discursive events with commissions (beacons) in a range of art mediums (field).
The organisation’s function as a primary research vehicle is international and particularly notable for pioneering developments in time-based, political and sound art as well as curatorial practice. So we need to continue to raise our core costs (such as rent, rates, heat & light) to realise BGV’s full potential as a self-sufficient, critically engaged locus operating beyond the mainstream.
We already rely upon your moral support and now need your practical support to stay open.
A regular gift would be a special help to us
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE WILL BE ABLE TO:
– stay active and open with free admission to the public
– continue to support and stimulate the artists we commission
– keep delivering art in original ways
– sustain a reflective space where people adjust their perspective
– continuously expand the critical context within which art is interpreted
YOUR DONATION WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
– £10 will contribute towards printing an exhibition flyer
– £50 will pay for the listing of one exhibition
– £100 will pay staff costs for an evening event
– £500 will cover the cost of presentation materials for one exhibition
– £5000 will pay for a new art commission by an emerging artist
However large or small, your donation will make a big difference to
Beaconsfield’s survival as a unique artists’ project. We value each
contribution that directly enables the commissioning of emergent
and established artists. Together we can secure the gallery’s future as
a truly independent, streamlined resource for the development and
presentation of contemporary art.
How to support BEACONSFIELD GALLERY VAUXHALL
Become a Friend or Patron of BGV
A limited edition tote bag on joining (worth £10)
Special invitations to events, launches and private views of exhibitions
Recognition on our website
Best Friend £500+
All of Friends’ benefits plus
Priority booking on all BGV Artist events
£15 credit for any event, BGV Edition or Ragged Canteen purchase
Recognition on our website and in selected BGV publications
All of Best Friends’ benefits plus
25% discount on selected BGV Artist Editions
Invitation to the annual Directors’ dinner
Invitation to artist dinners
Recognition on our Patrons board located publicly in the gallery
Corporate and Individual Sponsorship
A bespoke package for supporting BGV exhibitions and development
Other ways to support
– Purchase a BGV Artist Edition here
– Hire our venue for your events here
– Dine at our ethically conscious Ragged Canteen (Weds – Sat, 11am – 5pm)
– Attend our regular fundraising events by joining our mailing list here
– Visit our shop for changing exclusive limited edition artworks
– Help us spread the word on social media #SupportBeaconsfield
To become a Friend or Patron, or to make a one-off donation:
2. OR to pay instantly via PayPal or GoCardless, please use the below buttons but do make sure to still fill in the above Donation Form and return to us, so that we can log all your details correctly. Thank you.
For more information, download our #SupportBeaconsfield leaflet
For more information please contact:
+44 (0) 207 582 6465 / firstname.lastname@example.org
With thanks to the following for their continuing support
Vicky Bowman and Htein Lin, Julie Clarke, Liz Davies, Catherine N. Deepwell, A.R. Hopwood, Miranda Newsom and Giles Semper, Edward Summerell and to all our Founding Friends, Best Friends and Patrons who wish to remain anonymous.
All our staff, volunteers, board of trustees and individual donors including Sarah Fitzpatrick, Cliff Fitpatrick, Debra Fear, Chris Holley, Mark Walker, Jeffrey Muhenda and Bobieh-Ansah Osei-Asibe.
Pier Luigi Sandonnini Catering
Harriet Benton Catering
Lexus Security Management